If you find yourself wondering what it would be like to have a larger kitchen, an extra bathroom or even a main floor family room, you are probably wrestling with the dilemma: Should I renovate or just move?
It is never easy to uproot your family and move to a new home, especially if you have settled in and grown comfortable where you are. This is why we are often tempted into over improving our homes instead of just moving to something that meets our changing needs. While it is difficult to separate emotions and memories from financial considerations, it is often helpful to step back and look at what sort of return you get when investing in a major renovation.
The Appraisal Institute’s most recent renovation And Home Value survey lists the 10 renovations that have the greatest financial return at resale time. In a poll conducted annually, 200 appraisers nationwide are asked to rank renovations by their return on investment. The results are summarized as a percentage of the money spent on each renovation that a homeowner can expect to recoup when they finally move.
This site compares average costs for 22 remodeling projects with the value those projects retain at resale in 101 U.S. markets.
Thinking About Selling Or Buying A Home?
At HomeLink We Are:
- Knowledgeable. We strive to understand our markets and our clients’ needs.
- Connected. Relationships are everything to us; we connect people to their homes and to their communities.
- Passionate. We believe that working with “all heart” can change the world.
- Playful. We love what we do and it shows.
- Upstanding. Our clients’ needs and best interests are at the heart of everything we do.
- Effective. We set a high bar and move mountains to exceed expectations.